Casino gaming can be an exciting and fun experience that can be full of surprises. You can get lucky and hit a big jackpot, pick the right number, get dealt the right hand, or have the dice roll in your favor. But the reality is that the odds for any game in a casino, is in the house's favor. However, there are ways to improve your chances leaving a winner. This guide gives the inexperienced player some tips, information, and basic advice that could make a difference.
- Before you head out, familiarize yourself with the games
If you have never played any games of chance, or you have limited knowledge of the rules, there are many resources available to get yourself educated. In most cases, the casino itself has a list of all games they offer, and an explanation of how to play the games on their website. Another resource, and perhaps the best, is a casino based phone app or a PC game. There are thousands available and most apps are free. Don't be nervous if you forget once you get to the casino. The dealers know every rule, will help you, and explain as you go if you don't understand.
- Best and worst games odds in a casino
This list is a general guideline of which games give the player more of a mathematical chance against the casino, and which ones give less of a chance. Here are some of the most popular games.
Best player odds
1. Video Poker. There are several variations of this game. The basic Jacks or Better version is usually the best odds of all games.
2. Craps. A tricky game to learn with various betting options. But very good odds of winning.
3. Black Jack. A game that a player has more control over and skill is more involved. There are thousands of sites online that cover basic strategy. Very easy to find and the highest probability of winning of all the card games.
4. Roulette. A game of pure chance, with no skill involved. A very decent probability of winning.
5. Baccarat. Fairly easy game to learn. Another high probability of winning.
Worst player odds
1. Keno. Easy to play. The worst odds for a player to win.
2. The Money Wheel. The easiest game to play. Almost worse odds than Keno.
3. Slot machine. Easily the most popular games in the casino. It's kind of in the middle. Not even close to the bad odds of the previous two. However, not great odds. There are so many different kinds of slot games, and the odds vary.
- Strategy and limits
Start out with a set limit before starting a new game. If you start winning and make a moderate amount, or hit a big bet, take some of the winnings and put it in your pocket. It's a simple, yet effective way to help stretch your bankroll, and gives you a better chance leaving a winner. It can be very easy to get caught up in the excitement, and lose it all back, rapidly. On the other hand, However, if you lose the set amount you started with for that game, move on to a new game and try again. Here's an example:
You sit down at Black Jack with a limit of $100 that you set for yourself at that table. After a few winning hands you have doubled your money. In this case, take the $100 you won and put it away, keeping the original $100 on the table. If at any point you lose that, get up and try your luck at another game. If you stick to your limits, your odds are better. If you happen to win a extremely big bet or slots jackpot, the best advice is, take the money and run. Odds are almost certain you will not top that win, and you will give some back if you stay. Play smart.
- Keep in mind
Everything discussed here are ways to improve your chances. There is no full proof way to beat the casino every time you go. Luck plays a huge roll in each and every bet. Don't kid yourself. The odds are against you, and no matter what, the house wins the majority of the time.The most important thing is to have fun with it. It's not a career, or a sound financial investment. However, it can be fun, and there's always a chance, that you could walk away a big winner.